How to Use Handwritten Text in Website Design
Table of Contents
There are a lot of websites on the internet. In order to make your site stand out, you have to add something different to it. Why not add your website content in the form of handwriting?
Using handwritten text can catch the eye of the reader and make the text easy to read.
You can also create handwritten text or images from different tools that you can use in your website design.
Let’s give you a short introduction to what is handwritten text
What is Handwritten Text?
Normally, any content that is written by a person using their own hands is called…handwriting.
But we can also create this type of handwriting using online tools. So, in this context, we can understand handwriting to be that text that is made to look like it is handwritten when it’s actually computer-generated fonts.
As you can see in the above image, the text is written in a handwritten font.
In this post, we will look at how you can generate and use handwritten text in your website design.
How to Use Handwritten Text in Website Design
Using handwritten text instead of standard Unicode fonts can be a good way to add a unique twist to your website design. You can enter handwritten text into your website in the form of images, which you can acquire from online handwriting generator tools.
Moving on in this post, we’ll be looking at the steps that you can follow in order to use handwritten text on your site.
1. Pick a Good Tool
There are many handwriting generators available online. Some of them give out nice results and have a lot of features, whereas others are somewhat lame. For generating handwritten text images, you have to choose the tool that works best for you.
Go to the search engine and search text to handwriting. This will show you some results. Usually, the top five results are the best, and you can find a suitable tool among them.
Here are a few features that you can look for in a text-to-handwriting converter:
- It should be free
- It should have options for different page backgrounds
- It should have different handwriting fonts available
- It should have different ink colors available
If you can find a tool with these features then you should pick it.
2. Download Handwritten Text Images
To download the images of handwritten text, you have to:
- Open the tool, and you will see the interface (as can be seen in the below image).
- As you can see, in the left box, you can write the text, and the one on the right will display the handwritten text image.
Now, let’s take a look at how you can use a text-to-handwriting generator. We’ll generalize the steps so that you can follow them easily, regardless of the tool you’ve selected.
- Paste the text into the given field or type it out directly. If the tool supports the feature, you can also upload a file from your device.
- Once you are done with the above step, go ahead and select the handwriting style from the list. If the tool you are using has only one style, then you can skip this step.
- After selecting the font, move on to specify the page background. Once again, this step depends on whether your selected tool offers this feature.
- You can also select the font size of the heading and copy handwriting.
- You can also change the ink of the pen in different colors.
After selecting everything as per your need, click on the “Download PNG” button (or whatever the button says in your selected tools). You will get the handwritten text image and can download it in the supported format, which you can use on your website.
3. Upload the Handwritten Text Image to Your Website
After downloading the handwritten text images, you need to put them on your website. But before that, you may need to make some changes. In some pictures, there is a need to crop the edges for a better look and to compress the image size.
There are 1.98 billion sites on the internet, but less than 400 million are active. They all use the same fonts and style, but if someone uses a different style to make the website look more interesting, then it can help you to make a good place in your market.
Large images slow down your web pages, creating a less-than-optimal user experience. Optimizing images reduces their file size using a plugin or script, which speeds up page load times. So, you need to compress the image before uploading it to your website or web pages. You can rely on an image compressor to tackle this scenario, as it allows you to compress photo size. You can quickly reduce the size of your handwritten text images through this web-based utility and make your website perform better.
Handwriting adds creativity to the site. Handwritten text images or font adds a personal touch, giving the website a quaint and personalized feel.
Handwritten text looks more attractive as compared to some other machine-like fonts. You can get handwriting text images from online tools, which can easily convert the text into handwriting images for you within a few seconds.
You can use handwritten text in website design that looks engaging and interesting. As discussed above, you must ensure that the image size is compressed before uploading it to your website. Check out some UI design ideas.