How To Change Background On Instagram Story
Table of Contents
Instagram is one of the most used digital platforms. People from every age group are signing up for Instagram. All because of its interactive medium, it has steadily grown and become an influential social media platform.
Given its popularity, Instagram has also become an integral part of most businesses marketing plans. Of all its features, the Instagram story is our favorite feature and a leading reason for spending time on Instagram.
What is an Instagram story?
Instagram feed is not the only feature where you can engage with your audience and stand out among the crowd. There’s also Instagram Story.
Launched in 2016 – the Instagram story feature allows you to share snippets of your daily life with your friends, family, and followers without worrying about cluttering your Insta feed. The Instagram story ideally is available to view for a few seconds after which it will move forward to the next story.
With Instagram stories, you don’t have to worry about overposting. Instead, through Instagram stories, you can share as much as you want, with no limitation to the number of stories to be shared. Just that when you upload more than a single story photo or video, they appear in a slideshow format on your story.
Additionally, Instagram stories allow you to have fun and get creative with their impressive collection of features. While posting an Instagram story, apart from your photos and videos, you can also add stickers, gifs, hashtags, music, location, mention people, create polls, share a link to your website, have a countdown, and many more.
Instagram Stories takes advantage of the limited interaction time between users and their smartphones through a mix of taps, holds, and swipes. You can even save your Instagram stories.
Dimensions of Insta Story Posts
Since Instagram stories are all about sharing your day-to-day activities, you can share any image of any dimension on your Instagram story. You can also share your posts from your Instagram to let your followers know if there is anything new that you have added to your feed.
But if you want your story post to stand out and cover the whole screen to attract more views, you’d need to create creatives and images per the correct dimensions.
The dimensions for Insta Stories feature is 1080 x 1920 px / 9:12 ratio.
How do Instagram Stories Work for business?
Looking at how Instagram is undoubtedly one of the most popular social media platforms, it is inevitable that businesses too utilize its help to connect with their audience.
Due to its position as a visual content platform, it has gained more and more people joining it, who wish to visually engage instead of having to read through to know the happenings around them. After all, an image registers faster than words.
According to the latest official figures, Instagram has over 2 billion monthly active users (MAUs) worldwide. Currently, the country with the largest addressable Instagram ad audience size is India with 180 million, followed by the United States with 170 million and Brazil with 110 million. While, Insta stories are one of the most loved and most popular features, watched by 500M people a day.
With so many users online, businesses couldn’t let go of the opportunity and joined the platform without any lag to advertise their products and services, especially with the help of the Instagram Stories feature.
The short 24hr Insta stories help a lot when one wants to interact with their followers directly. Yet do not wish to have all of it clutter their profile. Explore the Instagram categories.
Consumers also expect a more authentic connection with the brands they support. Thus, the 24hr Ig story has risen as a perfect outlet for off-the-cuff to-camera content with minimal posting.
Check out these popular brands who have upped their Instagram game with their Ig Story.
- National Geography
- Adidas Original
- M.A.C Cosmetics
How to be creative with Instagram Stories?
You can experiment with Instagram stories in a lot of different ways. Prior to that, you should make sure your Instagram story post flow is in place. Check out the Instagram highlight covers.
Check out the simple and easy steps using which you can create impeccable Instagram stories that will surely attract your customers.
- Create a storyboard
- Create a style guide
- Balance your space
- Include photography
- Create backgrounds and overlays
- Add design elements with symbols
- Use your brand font and color
- Use stickers and gifs
- Create brand highlight covers
Well, of the above ten steps, the first few steps are about understanding your audience’s preferences and want. Thus, we’ll skip those few and directly jump to the sections where people generally need help, i.e., how to create a new story by adding images from the camera roll or changing the Instagram story background colors. Meet the helping guide for how to view Instagram without account.
How to Add Instagram story background?
It is easy to change the background color or background image in an Instagram story is easy. All you need to do is,
- Tap on the “Instagram app” on your phone.
- Use the “in-app camera” to shoot a specific image.
- Tap on the “pen tool” in the top right section of your screen
- Tap on the “color” you like from the menu in the lower portion of the screen.
- If you want a different color, tap on the “color picker menu.” and choose the color of your preference from the clicked image by simply moving your finger across the palette.
- Once you have selected the color, you can tap and hold it anywhere on the clicked image.
- It will help you fill the entire screen with the chosen color, creating a solid background color.
- In this solid background, you can add your gif, icon, text, stickers, or emojis creating an interactive Instagram story.
How to change the Instagram story Background color for Insta Posts?
To add an Instagram post to your Instagram story,
- Open the “Instagram app”
- Go to your “Instagram Feed” and choose the post you want to share
- Click on the “Share icon”
- Choose “Add post to your story option”
- In the “Tap for more” option, you can decide how you want to share your story.
- Tap on the “draw tool” in the top right section of your screen
- Tap on the “color” you like from the menu in the lower portion of the screen if you want to change the background color to new background color.
- Or you can tap on the “color picker menu.” and choose the color of your preference from the clicked image by simply moving your finger across the palette.
- Once you have selected the color, you can tap and press anywhere on the clicked image. Now, your post has a solid color background to complement it.
- Lastly, you can search and add text, gifs, stickers, or emojis anywhere you like with this uniform background.
How to add Transparent Overlay for Text in Instagram Stories?
- Open the “Instagram app” and click a picture of your choice or choose a photo or video from your “camera roll” that you can upload.
- Tap on the “pen tool” from the top right corner and select the “transparent pen tool” from the top menu.
- Choose a color for the Overlay.
- Tap and hold anywhere on the photo to create a transparent layer.
Now you have a transparent layer over your image/post. The Instagram overlay is helpful when you want to give your followers a hint about something while you add text to complement and support the post.
How to use the Eraser Tool with the Overlay?
- Open the “Instagram app” and click a picture of your choice or choose a random photo or video from the “camera roll” that you can upload.
- Tap on the “pen tool/draw tool” from the top right corner and select the “full-color fill” or a “transparent overlay” to your photo
- Choose a “color” for the Overlay. Then, tap and hold anywhere on the photo to change background color.
- Tap the “eraser icon” from the top menu and the fifth icon from the left.
- On the left corner, you have the “level tool” that lets you balance the thickness of the eraser tool
- After choosing the size of the eraser brush, tap and drag the erase tool on the portion of the photo you’d like to pop up.
Now you have your Instagram story ready. Add text, gif, sticker, or any icon to support your post.
How to Create a Rainbow Text?
- Open the “Instagram app” and click an image of your choice or choose a copied photo or video from your “camera roll” that you can upload or take a basic background image and add text that you want to communicate to your audience
- Select the text.
- Choose the font color option
- Select the purple color from the bottom corner of the menu.
- Hold the color with your right thumb, and use your left thumb to tap and hold the selected text cursor at the end of your text. Then slide both thumbs to the left at the same time.
- You now have rainbow text. This neat trick allows you to give your Instagram Story a little extra “pop” so it stands out from the crowd.
In conclusion, adding a new background to your Instagram Stories is simple, whether you want a color-coded layout or photos. The key to successful Instagram Stories that attracts your audience and promotes your brand is creativity. With all the tools Instagram provides, it’s almost certain you’ll have more success with your Stories and hopefully gain new followers and engage them more. Here, you can find the guidelines for how to find contacts on Instagram.