How to View Contacts on Instagram?
Table of Contents
The key feature of Instagram is to create connections among users across the globe. People can easily find and connect with anyone or a large community, be it through mutual friends, interests, or hashtags.
Though a majority of the world’s population is on Instagram, many are still new. This article attempts to explain how to link your phone contacts and Facebook contacts to your Instagram account, search and find contacts of people you don’t know yet want to follow, or just discover people.
Both Instagram and its parent company Meta have made it such that it is easy for anyone to find and connect contacts on Instagram. Check out the related guide, how to view Instagram without account.
Here is a step-by-step guide to finding contacts on the Instagram app.
How To Connect With New Instagram Contacts?
To find contacts on Instagram,
1. Open the Instagram app,
2. Click on the profile icon in the bottom right corner to go to your Instagram Profile page.
3. In the upper right-hand corner below your profile photo, click on the small person icon next to the edit profile option.
4. Click on the see all option to view all the suggested new friends on Instagram. You can also check out the guidelines for how to change your background on your Instagram story.
How To View Phone Contacts on Instagram?
Instagram has ways through which you can search for friends (even without their Instagram username) through the medium of a phone number.
Instagram automatically sync contacts from your phone contacts. The built-in contact-finding tool will access all your contacts’ link and match them with the information provided by other users. From there, they’ll show you a list of all of your phone contacts and their Instagram username.
If you want to connect with more people on Instagram, you can use your phone’s contact list here’s how:
1. Open the “Instagram app.”
2. Click on your “profile icon” and open the Instagram“Profile” page.
3. Click on the three lines “hamburger icon,” and then click on “Discover People.”
4. Select “Allow Access” in the popup window to sync your contacts. This will allow you to connect with new accounts on Instagram.
5. Tap the “Connect to Facebook” or “Connect Contacts” option. If you wish, you can do both by following the same steps later.
Note: You can also use the search bar function to find more people. Click on the “magnifying glass icon” at the bottom of the screen to search people by their username, location, or tags. Then, scroll through various profiles under the “search bar” box to follow new people.
How to View Contacts on Instagram using Android?
Here’s how you can connect Instagram with your phone contacts on Android.
1. Open the Instagram app on your Android phone, then click on the “profile icon” in the bottom-right to open the Instagram Profile page.
2. Click on the “Discover People” section and tap on the “See All” option.
3. Tap on “Connect Contacts” at the top.
4. To allow Instagram to have the contact’s access, select “Allow Access.”
5. Once you have connected Instagram to Google Contacts, browse “Top Suggestions,” or “Most Mutual Connections.” Thus, when you find a person on the list that you want to befriend on Instagram, tap “Follow,” or if you want to know more about them, you can click on the Instagram user’s profile, have a look at their Instagram photos, and then tap “Follow.”
If your Google account’s Contact list doesn’t seem to add much for your contacts to Instagram, you may need to access another Google account in your “Contacts” app or change your Android’s default account. Also, check your contacts and see whether they get stored under the main account. For example, your primary Google account may not have all of your contacts, or the main account on your Android device may not really be your main account.
How to Invite Friends On Instagram?
Also in retrospect, if you want to find friends on Instagram there are a few ways to do so.
1. Open Instagram App
2. Tap the three dots on the upper right corner of your Instagram photo on your phone’s screen
3. Tap on the link 🔗 symbol to copy your Instagram profile page
Once you have copied the Instagram link you can share the link with your contacts on any platform. You can share the link to your friend’s Instagram accounts or to other non-Instagram users whom you want to invite to Instagram.
How To Connect Contacts With An Instagram Account?
To connect contacts from your Facebook link or Facebook friends list to Instagram,
1. Open the Instagram app on your Android phone, then click on the “account icon” in the bottom-right to open the Profile page.
2. Click on the “Discover People” section then go to the “Top Suggestions” or “Most Mutual Connections,” and tap on the “See All” option.
3. Tap “Connect Contacts” at the top and choose the “Connect to Facebook” option.
4. Tap the “See All” option and select “Connect to Facebook.” at the top to link more contacts to your Instagram account.
1. What Do I Do If My Phone Contacts Do Not Show Up on Instagram?
Your phone’s contacts list might not show up for a few reasons.
In some cases, contacts may not show up on Instagram based on the information that’s available. For example, a name with an old phone number or a mailing address won’t have any useful or practical information. Similarly, a contact who does not have an Instagram account will not be displayed.
In addition, Instagram only provides recommendations based on your contacts and those who have an active Instagram account with credentials from your contact list. Instagram also uses Facebook data, such as phone numbers and email addresses, to populate your search lists. As a result, some of your contacts will appear on your list to follow, while others will not.
2. Why are Instagram’s Find Contacts not working for me?
Once you have connected your phone contacts to Instagram, it takes time for the app to sync the data. But, if you still cannot access your phone contacts, try disconnecting contact syncing and reconnecting.
Once you have done that
1. Open Instagram and click on your profile icon,
2. Go to “Account and Contacts Syncing”
3. Here turn off syncing and click on the “Disconnect” option
This option deletes all your contacts link making your list empty to be reconnected again.
3. How do I find my contacts on Instagram?
To find your Instagram contacts, open the app and click on the “People” tab at the bottom of the screen. This will take you to a list of Instagram users who follow you and people you’ve recently interacted with. To find specific contacts, use the search bar at the top of the screen. The search field will show Instagram usernames that closely match your previous search results, hashtags used, and your Instagram activity. Check out some interesting Instagram highlights covers.
4. How do I find my contacts on Instagram 2023?
To find your contacts on Instagram in 2023:
- Open the Instagram app and go to the main screen.
- Tap on the three lines at the top left corner of the screen, and select the “Settings” icon.
- Scroll down and tap on “Contacts.”
You’ll see a list of all the contacts who have Instagram accounts. To add someone to your contacts, tap on their name and select “Add to Contacts”.
5. How do I find my friend’s phone numbers on Instagram?
You cannot find people’s contact details on Instagram. But, you will be able to find the phone number of only people who have shared them on Instagram.
To find your friend’s phone numbers on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app and click on the “Magnifying glass” icon in the top right corner.
- Type the name of the person you’re looking for in the search engine and click on their profile when it appears.
- Once you’re on their profile, if they have shared their phone contacts on Instagram then you will be able to see it on the main menu.
6. Can I find someone on Instagram with their phone number?
There is no surefire way to find someone on Instagram by their phone number, as the platform does not allow users to search for others by using phone numbers. However, there are a few methods that you can try to locate the account of the person you are looking for.
One possibility is to search for their name on Instagram. If they have a public account, their profile will appear in the results.
7. How do I find someone on Instagram without knowing their username?
There are a few ways to find someone on Instagram without knowing their username. One way is to use the search screen and type the person’s name. If the search term is connected to any Instagram accounts then their profile page will show up in the results. Another way is to scroll through the search results until you find them. And finally, if you know the person’s email address or phone number you can also search for them on the search bar. Explore the various Instagram categories.