Best Free Virtual Backgrounds for Zoom
Table of Contents
It’s no secret that video conferencing services have grown extremely popular in the Work From Anywhere (#WFA) era, allowing you to meet with people electronically when in-person talks aren’t possible. This prompted Zoom to develop its virtual background feature, which lets you alter your background to make it appear as though you’re at a library, on the beach, Santa’s grotto, or basically much anywhere else you desire.
With virtual backgrounds, you can add a new look to your meeting backdrop or skip the cleaning and jump immediately on your next call.
This article will show you how to change your Zoom meeting background image and a curated list of Zoom virtual backgrounds for your next meeting.
How to change your zoom background
Changing your virtual background to an image or even a video is easy.
1. Download the Zoom Desktop app on your Mac or Windows computer.
2. Open the app and log into your Zoom account
3. Download an image or video of your choice. Compatible formats for images include JPG/JPEG, PNG, or GIF. Zoom recommends images with a 16:9 aspect ratio and 1280×720 pixels as the minimum resolution. For videos, you can download MP4 or MOV files with a minimum resolution of 360p (480×360 pixels) and a maximum resolution of 1080p (1920×1020 pixels).
4. In the settings menu on the left side navigation, navigate to Preferences. Then, go to Background & Effects.
Note: Your device may or may not require a green screen to add virtual backgrounds for zoom. Click here for more clarifications.
5. Click Virtual Background. Here, you can choose from the default options or upload your own by clicking the plus (+) icon.
6. If you want to add or change your own image during a meeting, click on the upward arrow (^) next to Start/Stop Video and click choose Virtual Background.
Click here to learn more about enabling Virtual Background for Mobile Devices, Groups, Admins, Accounts, and Users.
Tips for the best Zoom Virtual Background Results
Don’t uncheck “Mirror my video.” The words in your background will read normally to the other participants in the meeting but will look inverse to you.
Have a solid color background, or even better, a green screen, for the clearest results so that your virtual background shows up clearly.
Don’t wear clothing in colors that match your virtual background. Everybody avoids being a floating head. Check out the guidelines for how to blur the Zoom background.
Free Backgrounds for Zoom
Zoom lets you submit your favorite virtual backgrounds in addition to providing a few pre-selected ones. Check out these free virtual backgrounds for your upcoming zoom conference.
Professional Zoom Background Images
Here are some professional zoom backgrounds you can use for your next business meeting.
1. Professional Zoom Background With a View
For your next meeting, a zoom virtual background flexing an impressive view can help convey professionalism
2. An Enviable Bookshelf Zoom Background
Choose a professional Zoom background with a stunning shelf to demonstrate your love for reading.
3. The Conference room Zoom background
Visually take yourself back to the office with a contemporary conference room background for meetings that would have been conducted on-site in a conference room.
Home Office Zoom Virtual Background Images
It’s no secret that many of us work from home in the Work From Anywhere (#WFA) era. With these free home office backgrounds, your coworkers won’t know how tidy or messy your home workspace is, depending on whether you operate from a spotless home office or frequently set up shop at the kitchen table.
4. A Cozy Home Zoom Background
Set your Zoom background to an image of a cozy living room to convey the feeling of complete comfort.
5. An Elegant Home Office Zoom Background
You can make your coworkers couch-envious during the entire meeting with a classy home office Zoom background, regardless of how your home office appears in real life.
6. Starbucks Zoom Backgrounds
You can work from any location as a member of the remote workforce. You can use your imagination and select a Zoom background that matches your #WFA state of mind, whether you are working from your home office, a flexible workspace, or a local coffee shop. Explore the funny and happy birthday Zoom background.
Bold & Solid Zoom Virtual Background Images
A background image that is excessively busy or detailed runs the risk of distracting the other meeting participants in a large Zoom conference. A solid image background that is more than a blank black or white box strikes the sweet spot when you want to stand out without drawing too much attention.
7. The Fine Art Zoom Background
From the de Young museum website, you can download tons of images of works of art to use in your next meeting.
8. Outer Space Zoom Background
Take your Zoom meeting out of this world by setting your background to a shot of the cosmos. Check out some funny Zoom backgrounds.
You can also add some fun to calls with filters and stickers
Using filters or stickers, you add levity to the tone of calls or add humor. Both are accessible through the desktop app and meetings, respectively.
In the desktop app
1. Go to Preferences. Click on Background & Filters
2. You’ll see Virtual Backgrounds and Video Filters. Click on Video Filters.
3. Within Video Filters, you can preview the filters, sticker backgrounds, or stickers that move with you, like a graduation cap or sunglasses, or even transform yourself into a unicorn!
You can also add filters and stickers during a meeting by clicking on the upward arrow (^) next to Start/Stop Video. Click Choose Video Filter, and try out a new look.
You can also touch up your appearance and adjust for low light
You should be aware of the touch of your look and low-light settings if you don’t have the best lighting or if you just wish to brighten up your appearance.
To access both of these features from the desktop app, follow these simple steps
1. Go to Preferences > Settings
2. Click Video in the left-side navigation
3. Under My Video, you’ll see checkboxes for both Touch up my appearance and Adjust for low light. Both features will automatically adjust your video, but you can also manually adjust them using the slider
To touch up your appearance or lighting during a meeting, click on the upward arrow (^) next to Start/Stop Video. Click Video Settings, and adjust your video on the go.
Create Customised Zoom Backgrounds
You can explore the length of your creativity by designing your own Zoom virtual backgrounds. You can create your images using templates from Canva or take a picture of your pet or favorite vacation destination and crop them to fit the recommended sizes.
You can also give your requirement to alltimedesign.com, to create customized virtual zoom backgrounds.
Click here to learn more about how to design Zoom backgrounds.